Odin Download for Samsung Android 8.0 Oreo firmware
Odin is windows-based software developed to flash your Samsung devices with a highest success rate. As the best ROM flashing tool Odin download is very popular among Samsung users. This tool can flash custom ROMs, kernels, root packages, official firmware updates and other similar files manually to customize your Samsung Smart phone to what you expect. If you are soft bricked, Odin is the best tool to unbrick your device. In that way Odin is not only to flash, in fact it has ability to give root access in your Samsung.
Why Samsung Odin?
Flashing firmware can be call modifying as it installs a new firmware in ROM by replacing the content. This comes as windows-based software specially to work on your Samsung devices. Odin is a widely used tool as it comes with a lot of functionalities and convenient procedure.
If you are a Samsung user, you must have known about Odin download, as it will be needed in your time with Samsung. You can download Odin for free of charge but you need a Windows running PC to run the tool and other Operating systems are not yet supported with Odin download. No matter you are a beginner or an expert in Flashing, Odin is the best tool you can try for simply but powerful process.
Features of Samsung Odin
- Flash stock Firmware
- Flash Custom Firmware
- Flash Root Packages
- Flash Kernel
Odin Flashing- Device compatibility
Odin comes in different version to match with current requirements. It is compatible with almost all Samsung devices. The latest Odin versions come in supported to latest Samsung devices including Galaxy S8, S8 Plus, Note 8, Galaxy S9, S9 Plus and all the previous handsets and more.
System Requirements to Odin download
- Windows running PC
- Latest Samsung USB drivers Install
- Should download Samsung Android ROM files (PIT and TAR)
- Proper USB cable
- Compatible Custom ROM/ Stock ROM
- Download ADB Fastboot from the official site
Other useful downloads
Odin Flashing Guide
- Step 1: Take a complete back up of your device’s data prior to the process to prevent your important data getting damaged with the Odin Flashing process
- Step 2: Download Odin the latest version from an accurate download link and extract the zip file in order to get the Odin Samsung folderit
- Step 3: Click on ‘PDA’ button and select tar.md5 file and disconnect the device
- Step 4: After that turn off your device and switch it to Download Mode by holding down your Home button, Power button and Volume key, until you get the download mode
- Step 5: Then connect the device to the Windows PC and wait for few minutes
- Step 6: Now click “Start” and you will get a green pass message, finally your device will restart
Odin Download video guide
- If your device gets unresponsive in logo screen, switch to DL mode and repeat the process
- If Odin shows a “Failed” message, make sure to unplug and plug before you switch to DL mode, then let Odin to detect the device automatically, if the problem still occurs, try several times with unplugging and replugging
- To prevent getting stuck in the middle of the process, make sure to choose the latest Odin version available, and check the device compatibility as well
- Be prepared with a proper USB cable to connect your device to the PC
- To avoid getting interrupted, you must be prepared with above mentioned system requirements before you start the process
Latest Odin 3.13.1
Odin comes in updated versions to match with time’s requirements, especially to cater a large number of device models including the latest. Odin 3.13.1 is the latest version which can be freely download from XDA developer page. It supports latest Samsung device models like Samsung Galaxy S8, S8 Plus, Note 8, Galaxy S9, S9 Plus and more. If you wish to flash your Samsung get the latest Odin version, if in any case you face problems with Odin latest 3.13.1, try the next recent version Odin 3.12.7 or previous.
Credits go to XDA for research and developing.
Samsung and Odin relationship comes from 2009, which has strengthen by time goes with highest success rate of Odin Flashing with an extensive support for Samsung devices. Therefore download Odin latest version to flash your Samsung for a high modification in the system settings. Odin flashing does not require any special guidelines, but it may void your device’s warranty, so proceed at your own risk.